Cymoral Forte is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant drug. The main use of it is to treat conditions like swelling caused due to the blood clots within the tissues. It is used to treat the swelling and pain after surgery, necrotic tissues, muscle injuries with swelling and chronic respiratory conditions. It helps with intracapsular cataract extraction which helps in minimizing the trauma caused to an eye.
Uses of Chymoral Forte
The Chymoral forte has so many uses. It helps with various medical conditions as follows
- Hematomas: In this condition, the blood clots and swelling are formed within the tissue. It helps in normalizing the locally distributed blood and helps in the normal flow.
- Edema: The gums or tooth can fall prey to swelling because of inflammation and Chymoral Forte will help in dealing with such kind of cases effectively.
- Post-Surgical Trauma: The trauma caused due to any scary incident or a big surgery is called post-surgical trauma. The victim of this condition usually suffers from burns, assaults or any kind of industrial accident, the collision of vehicles, etc.
- Post Hysterectomy Healing: Gynecologists usually prescribe it after getting their uterus removed or after cesarean. The tablet helps with quick healing and regrowth of tissues.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Ailments: This is a condition where bacteria are transmitted sexually from vagina to ovaries, fallopian tubes and to the womb. This usually causes irritation, vaginal discharge.
- Treatment of Necrotic Tissue: The main reason for this condition is the external factors like trauma or infection resulting in the indigestion of cell components.
- Chronic Respiratory Conditions: The situation where airflow is blocked a person suffers to breathe.
- Treatment of Sciatica: In this kind of treatment, the pain starts in the spine and passes to one side of the leg.
- Treatment of Muscle and Joint Injuries related to Swelling: When you put a lot of strain on ligaments from overstretching or sprain, it results in swelling, pain and will also lead to the inability to move.
- Helps in Treating Piles: The active ingredients like trypsin and chymotrypsin that are present in Chymoral Forte Tablet will help in addressing issues like hemorrhoids. Patients have to mix it with the right kind of ointment and apply it.
- Reduces Eyes Swelling: Chymoral Forte tablet will help in the healing of eyes after cataract surgery.
- Asthma: This tablet will help in alleviating the symptoms of asthma.
- Relieves Sore Throat: this tablet has anti-inflammatory properties that will help in healing the sore throat.
Side Effects of Chymoral Forte
There are some side effects that patients may suffer when they take Chymoral Forte. However, it is not common among every patient.
- Diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ache, etc.
- Abdominal pain
- Inflammation in the eyes
- Increase in eye pressure
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Corneal swelling
There may be some other reactions as well. It is always advisable to get in touch with a doctor immediately if you ever feel such kind of side effects.
Dosage of Chymoral Forte
The dosage depends on the severity of the patient’s condition. Usually, in severe cases, the doctors may suggest taking tablets twice in three days and if there is progress in the patient, this will come down to one in every four days.
- Chymoral forte suits best for the health when you take it on empty stomach, preferably two hours before having meals.
- In situations like Edema, it is better to take the tablet as soon as one finds the issue. It works better during the starting stages of a problem.
If you forgot to take the tablet as prescribed, it is advisable to take it as soon as you remember. However, if the time will overlap with your next dose time, then it is better to skip taking the tablet and take it at your normal time only.
The overdosage of Chymoral forte is not going to aid you in healing quickly. It is always advisable to follow the dosage suggested by the doctor only. Overdosage may cause some severe side effects.
Chymoral Forte Nature and Composition:
The quantity of Trypsin and Chymorispin in Chymoral forte is in the ratio of 6:1.
Trypsin is an ingredient that belongs to the serine protease category. This breaks the peptide bonds present in proteins and also acts as nucleophilic amino acids at eukaryotes and prokaryotes. This chemical is synthesized in the small intestine and is activated when trypsinogen is produced by the pancreas.
Chymorispin is a digestive enzyme that belongs to the anti-inflammatory category. The chemical is usually produced by the pancreas and trypsin will help in converting it into the active form. The pancreatic juice will help in the processing of proteins and polypeptides.
Chemical Forte Price in INR
- Chymoral Forte DS (1 strip of 10 tablets): INR 295.6
- Chymoral Forte (1 strip of 20 tablets): INR 351.5
Chymoral Forte Interactions
- In the eye issues, Chymoral forte helps in extracting the intracapsular cataract and effectively lessens the trauma that occurred in the eyes.
- In respiratory problems, the Chymoral Forte works by reducing the viscosity of mucus and helps in easing its elimination.
Precautions: When to Avoid Chymoral Forte
- Chymoral forte should be taken only when you get a prescription from a medical practitioner.
- Before beginning the course, it is important to ensure that the patient isn’t allergic to any kind of active element present in Chymoral Forte.
- The patient has to ensure that they deliver all the right information to the doctor before they take Chymoral Forte. The important thing here is that they should let the doctor know about the over counter tablets, vitamins or any kind of herbal supplements they are using beforehand.
- The patients should also suggest any kind of allergies, pre-existing illness, chronic health conditions that they have. If there are any upcoming surgeries or any other issues, they have to inform the medical practitioner.
- It is important to take the tablet in the prescribed dose only. Never exceed it as it may cause some serious issues to your health. If at all you overdose accidentally, it is important to seek medical advice.
- If you have already suffered any kind of health issues starting from blood clots to liver or kidney ailments, it is important to let the doctor know about it in advance.
- This tablet is not referred to pregnant women as it may have adverse effects on them. If there are no substitutes and a woman has to take the medicine, then consult the gynecologist and know whether you can take or not. It is always better to avoid it.
- There are no proven side effects of this tablet to breast milk. However, it is always advisable to not breastfeed your infant for at least 48 hours after you take the last dose of Chymoral Forte.
- Chymoral Forte has no proven effects on driving or operating any machinery. But if a person is feeling dizzy or drowsy at times, then it is better to avoid driving and working with machinery once you take the tablet.
Everyone has to make sure that they are taking all the above-mentioned precautions while they are taking Chymoral Forte. A doctor’s advice is a must.
How to Use Chymoral Forte?
Follow the directions that are prescribed by your doctor. Taking Chymoral Forte at a fixed time is always important. Swallow the tablet as a whole with the help of water if needed. Do not chew, break it into pieces. You can take it with or without food.
- The dosage is something that patients should always keep in mind. Make sure that you are not taking more than the prescribed amount.
- Follow a particular timetable for taking the tablets as it will help in keeping the drug in your body for a certain amount of time.
- The tablet must be consumed orally with water and do not chew it under any circumstance.
- Follow the physician’s suggestion of taking the tablet with or without food. It is always better to consume it one hour prior to your meals.
- The tablet should be consumed as soon as you observe swelling or pain. Tablet works effectively under these circumstances.
- If you are consuming the tablet as an over the counter product, then it is important for you to read all the instructions provided on the package properly.
Substitutes of Chymoral Forte
If a patient is unable to find Chymoral forte in the market for any reason, then they can substitute it with the following tablets
- Chymolek by J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Chymotech by Alpic Biotech Ltd.
- Chymtral forte by Wockhardt Ltd.
- Chymocip by Cipla Ltd.
- Tripcy by Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd.
- Chymodin Forte by Divine Lifecare Pvt Ltd.
- Chymopil Forte by Psychotropics India Ltd.
- Sistal Forte by BestoChem Formulations India Ltd.
- Chymokem forte by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Flotrip Forte by Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- K Trip Frote by FDC Ltd.
- Chymutrip by Bombay Tablet Mfg Co Pvt Ltd.
All of these tablets have the same compositions and strength.
Chymoral Forte Interactions
It is advisable to avoid taking Chymoral forte along with any of the below substances. If there are any unavoidable circumstances, then better take it with extra caution and under the guidance of doctor.
It is always important to inform doctors if you have taken Chymoral Forte with any of the following medicines
- Any medicine that has acidic or basic effects as it reduces the efficiency of Chymoral Forte.
There are some medicines that you cannot take along with Chymoral Forte and it is important for to recognize and avoid them altogether.
- Sleeping pills
- Anti-anxiety drugs
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotic pain medicine
- Allergy drugs
- Medicine containing alcohol (e.g. cough syrup)
- Drugs used for fits
There can be negative or neutral effects of using this drug along with Chymoral Forte. So, make sure to not take both of them together.
Chymoral Forte with Alcohol: Under any circumstance, it is important for you to avoid consumption of alcohol along with Chymoral Forte. There are adverse side effects of it.
Chymoral Forte interaction with Food: As of now there are no particular foods that cannot be consumed along with Chymoral forte.
Chymoral Forte and Disease: If you are suffering from either liver or kidney disorder, then you have to avoid Chymoral forte completely.
Variants in Chymoral Forte
There are two variants of Chymoral forte-
- Chymoral forte (5 mg)
- Chymoral forte DS (5mg)
- The chymoral forte should be stored under 25o Celsius. However, you should not keep it in either a refrigerator or a freezer.
- It is always preferable to keep the tablet away from kids
- The place should be cool and dry as well. It should be away from direct sunlight and heat.
- The expiration date is mentioned on the label, make sure to follow it. Do not consume the tablet after its expiration date.
- Do not keep the tablet near to sink or bathroom
- You should not dispose of the tablet along with your household waste or with water. There is a high possibility of contaminating the environment.
- If at all the tablet is expired, you should consult a pharmacist to know how to dispose of the tablet.
When do Doctors Prescribe Chymoral Forte Tablet?
Chymoral Forte is an anti-inflammatory, non-steroid tablet. Doctors usually prescribe this medicine to relieve the patient from the pain and swelling that they get after surgery. It is used in cataract surgery, hand fractures and burns, necrotic tissues and various other such medical conditions to reduce the swelling.
- Swelling due to trauma and inflammation (Oedema)
- Cataract surgery
- Surgical trauma
- Bronchitis (helps thinning mucus and its removal)
- Joint injury or muscle injury leading to swelling
- After cesarean delivery
- After tooth extraction or periapical infection
- Sore throat
- Reduce swelling of eyes
Working of Chymoral Forte
Chymoral Forte has two active ingredients- Trypsin, Chymotripsin. These enzymes have anti-inflammatory, anti-edematous, fibrinolytic and anti-oxidant properties. All of these have the capability of speeding up chemical reactions and helps in removing anti-inflammatory signs.
For example, they help in the extraction of intracapsular cataract. In respiratory conditions, they help with reducing viscosity of mucus.